Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
To provide more info Noch produce the HO figures shown above and they are popular with German railway modellers apparently. Ontracks in the UK sell them and they can be delivered in a plain brown package upon request!

Whether the second set of figures would be positioned on a roof top...

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
QUOTE Showers today and the Brit tourists are complaining like mad

Yes we have some friends out there on holiday at the moment and that is the story we are getting. They should have saved their pennies and had a holiday at home.

Model Rail has its garden railway supplement this month. They couldn't have timed it better. Stockists used to have a siesta each Summer. Now garden railways have been invented that keeps people spending during what was traditionally seen as a low point in the shopping cycle.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE Somebody has pinched our sunshine here in Spain. Showers today and the Brit tourists are complaining like mad.

If it's any consolation it's pi
ing down here in Melbourne.

Preiser also make dubious models this one is of a nudist family available from Gaugemaster. I think you'd have to be German to have this on your layout though.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Yep they're far too young and slim to be British naturists. Not talking from personal experience I hasten to add.

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Clearly continental layouts could have appropriate scenery which may require the use of such figures for realism.

Not too sure that UK modellers could find a use for such figures although modellers being modellers no doubt a reason could be found.

Wouldn't it be fun though if an exhibitor at Warley placed a few of these figures around the layout!

They might have to put up screens and a warning message I suspect! That would further lengthen the queues to see the layout!

It could improve the image of UK railway modellers and a story might even appear in tabloid newspapers!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
763 Posts
You could turn Dawlish beach into a nudist beach!!

I won't get into the story of the train that stopped alongside an allotment in Hull right alongside one sad individual doing some rather worrying things to a goat.

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
>You could turn Dawlish beach into a nudist beach!!
I know someone who is in Dawlish this weekend. I could ask if there was a precedent

David

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will admit that on seeing the figures my first thought was Dawlish!

I am amazed that so many minds think alike!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
These figures are available in N, TT and HO! There are now six HO sets - maybe Noch is going to work its way through the Karma Sutra.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts