Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. guys the above says it all really. The layout in the pictures is 3 out of 8 boards of Milldale, the layout that bro_sewell and myself are building to take to exhibitions. This is the third attempt at building a layout(first that is portable tho) and the closest we've got to a finished layout not that it's any where near complete.
The pictures uploaded so far are of the layouts town and MPD, it's an entirely freelance heritabe railway with only inspiration taken actual places and structures.
We await your coments with interest.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I like the way you have displayed that locomotive under restoration outside of the workshop - the boiler is especially good

Also the shop graphics are superb!

Regards,

Dan

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Dan Hamblin @ 14 Jun 2007, 22:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I like the way you have displayed that locomotive under restoration outside of the workshop - the boiler is especially good

Also the shop graphics are superb!

Regards,

Dan

Thanks for your kind words,
as I said various structures are based on real buildings lets see if anybody can guess where that scene is based on and what loco is under restoration. The loco outside the insperation is a larger one than the one on the layout.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 14 Jun 2007, 23:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looking good. You must have assmbled a hell of a lot of buildings!

One or two Neil, and the only kits are some small sheds in the yard and 3 Peco engine sheds bashed together to form the carrige shop.
A friend at my local model club gave me a contact who sells plastic sheet for use in the vacuforming industry so we've saved a fortune by buying 6'X4' sheets off him in 40thou for around £4 each, still using industrial quantities of Evergreen stripping though. But it's all worth it when the building is complete and in place, you just can't beat the feeling of satisfaction you get knowing you made the building yourself.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Looking good make sure you keep us posted.

Regards

John

·
garage hobbit&#33;&#33;&#33;
1,715 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 15 Jun 2007, 13:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looking good make sure you keep us posted.

Regards

John

Boy its so weird seeing my railway on show, thanks bruv for putting the images on for all to see

The area shown is now dismantled (moved house) but packed away ready for re-assemble when we get round to it.

Work is now concentrating on the other end of the layout, all scenic track is laid and nearly fully wired, just 3 points left to do and then put in the muilti plugs on the cross board joints, and purchase the transformers and controllers. The mimic diagram is complete for the scenic part of the layout and wired, and the hidden fiddle just needs the track finishing, its mimic is ready to be wired and put in place

All the scenic track has been painted, next job will be to put in the platform edges to form the platforms, then ballasting on the last 3 boards can be done.

The landscape and contours are in place (builders cavity wall insulation) and a card mock up of the road over bridge has been made (by Andii) and the proper one will be made when Andii's work comittments allow

Work only really progresses slowly as its hard when we both live in different counties, but when we do get together it has a tendency to take over and 18 hours days have been known working on it, with short brakes for a Raj and a cup of tea!! and occasionally a cold beer

I am sure Andii will keep more pics updated as we progress (but not to many as we want you all to come and visit us when we do get to take it out on the road

Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.