Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have decided to plan my layout (Chances are someting will go wrong with plans).

My room is really small. The only way I can possibly have a layout is to make it fold up after use

(Not to scale)

I have decided to have a Length of 53.5" That just about reaches my door, and has enough room for a 3rd Radius curve (Hornby)

(Not to scale)

The brown area is the baseboard. The fiddle yard to the right of my Room is permanent, This is so that I don't have to take my locos off after I have finished using my layout, also it allows for a quick and efficient change between locos.

(Not to scale)
(Note: spelling of permanent
)

This diagram shows how the Layout folds down.

I have also decided to have an isolating section Just before the join between the Folding layout and fiddle yard. This is because both will operate on different controllers (To allow shunting and another Loco running around the loop).

If anyone has any tips or anything they want to share, Please do!

- Jeorge

·
Registered
94 Posts
YAY!

My Fowler 4P came, And the quality of it is Amazing, almost equal to that of my fathers Models.

I'm Now saving up for An AIX Terrier or a Q1.

The chances of my having a folding layout seems very Slim. Our walls are plasterboard and my dad nor I are Carpenters.

My Dad has suggested a Flat board that slides down the side of my bed when finished, I Guess that means No Hills. But im fine with that.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My dad said He will get to building my layout soon, But first I shall tell you all the story of an Engine...

My Fowler broke, I was putting the front coupling in, there were no Instructions on how to do this, so I proceeded to unscrew the bottom of the chassis. I took just enough screws out to remove the front pony. SPROING! out flew the contacts. My dad said he will solder them back in since i have tryed so many times to put them back. This upset me so my dad said I could have the Terrier
. Today i had to bring it back to the dealer because it waddled like a Duck (I did make sure it was a Terrier not a Pannier tank
) Anyway The guy said there would be no piont in getting another because it would do just the same
Bye bye Piccadilly. My dad saw the Q1 on the shelf and he gave me the difference. I am happy but i loved my Terrier
Thats the 5th of 5 locos i have had that has either Broke or been returned

What luck i've had

My dad told me I could have a layout because he and I are not happy about an 80 quid loco trundling around the floor...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix something heavy to a Plasterboard wall?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
*Grunts* My dad keeps changing his idea, he now says the walls are Ceiling board! I've even suggested that I have my matress on the floor and have my baseboard above me, If I cant have an oval I can modell our old Local station Which shouldnt take up too much space..

EDIT:

QUOTE (Dennis David @ 19 Aug 2006, 16:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How about building something like a Murphey Bed? These are often not attached but free standing and just placed against a wall.

Hmm, Could I see a pic or a plan of one please? I think my dad might be able to make one like that...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts