Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont know if any one can help with this one, i been looking to purchase either a kit, or a well built model of a C.R Jones Goods loco, in OO gauge preferably in the colours as seen in the Glasgow transport mueseum, i know that DJH had a kit of this loco, but they have been out of stock for over a year, if not more, and i have had no reply from there web site to this enquirey, so if anyone has a complete kit, or a good kit built example of this loco i would be happy to hear from you, even if you may know where i could get one?

Many thanks

·
Registered
350 Posts
Did you mean HR rather than CR? I was also looking at the Highland Railway Big Goods not long ago, and I had the impression from DJH that they still made it in small batches from time to time. Perhaps you have to keep checking with them.

Falcon Brass advertises one at http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/catalogue/falconhr.shtml, but I don't know much about it. Their kits can make attractive models, but some are reputed to be quite challenging to build! (I haven't built one yet).

There is some disagreement about the authenticity of the livery of No 103 in the Glasgow Museum, and the consensus seems to be that it probably started life in the Jones apple green rather than the Stroudley livery. I rather like the Stroudley version, and might be tempted by that, or possibly the later plain green.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Andrew, your correct, i did mean HR, i have tried to register my intrest with DJH for their kit, but have now all but given up on that course of action, i have never recieved a reply from them, i was unaware that Falcon Brass had this kit in their range, i will investigate this a little further, i am aware of the controversy over the stroudley livery, but like yourself prefer these colours, i may be wrong here, but i think these are the colours that where shown in the film "those magnificent men in there flying machines"
Many thanks for you help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts