Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we were allowed to travel from Australia, (remeber life without covid
) we were in France at a market and I picked up an old Jouef 141 tender drive 4-8-2. I model UK but was impressed with the look of this loco and the price 20 Euro. I knew it was a non runner and it was destined for static display.
I have decided to get it running. Motor good, magnet good pick up excellent (great quality and design) loco wheels and motion very smooth, but the tender drive does not work. Stripping it down found the vertical shaft from the motor to the wheels does not mesh with the driver cog

Before I get the mini puller and strip the shaft- any thoughts. It is an older model but the service sheet seems to imply a small roller bearing????

Has anyone had any experience with the older Jouef steam locos?

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 34c. The circlip is still there and the motor mount is in good condition. If you press down on the shaft with the motor removed, it still won't engage. I think something is missing. Just bough a new mini puller to strip down the shaft and find out what is missing

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.