Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say after putting Chris Leigh firmly in the bonkers box for his editorial 2 months ago he has gone a long way towards redeeming himself this month.

In the editorial he is talking sence!

The continental section is good (i wish they would make this into a seperate mag.) i would like to see some more eastern and asian models featured (there is more to the world than europe and the USA but i apreciate the hobby is in its infancy in many of those countries and it will come with time).

I loved the "talking to the industry" and the "history of companies" articles (although I would prefer a little and often approach rather than a 4 page spread and 2 articles in 1 magazine) The Hornby article answered some questiones (I am really looking forward to developements in the railroader range) and posed some others and the GEM article was exactly that, a GEM! I cant wait to read part 2!

Peter

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
QUOTE I have to say after putting Chris Leigh firmly in the bonkers box for his editorial 2 months ago he has gone a long way towards redeeming himself this month.

I ditto that - Yes this is a much better issue more balanced between steam and diesel . The disappearance of Phil Grangers DCC section is a disappointment. The trials of Treoch illustrates how difficult it is for some folks to produce a simple item like an effective DCC bus. This section should be called how not to do it

A better effort but still slipping behind British Railway Modelling which has come on leaps and bounds. Well done Emerson & Wright and crew, yes I'm an enthusiastic subscriber.

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (Makemineadouble @ 21 Jun 2007, 12:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A better effort but still slipping behind British Railway Modelling which has come on leaps and bounds.

The only problem that I have with BRM is the number of different subscription offers they include with every issue. Whether it's 3 months for £1 each or a "free" DVD or what ever. Maybe it's me but if a magazine is so desperate to attract subscribers I wonder just how popular it is. But I do prefer Model Rail as I personally find it more entertaining and informative than all the others combined but even so I still manage to buy all the UK magazines.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Of course we had Chris Leigh harping on about global warming and recycling, but also telling 00 modellers they didn't deserve decent scale track. He suggested EM or P4 is what we needed...............sadly out of touch I'm afraid. Perhaps there was a full moon when he was writing his editorial.
At least model Rail broke the grip of the evil empire....... they even publish internet addresses now !. How risqué they have become on the south coast.

Just waiting for some glue to dry.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
QUOTE the number of different subscription offers

I just hate starting a subscription, only to find a far more 'appealing' offer comes along 2 months later.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts