Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks

I just got back from Beijing. I got married while i was out there and i had a wonderfull time with my new wife. i thought i would share a couple of pictures with you.

Once i have sorted myself out a bit i will post a railway related trip report.

Regards

Peter

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Peter,

Congrats.

Looking forward to the report

Baykal

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
Many congratulaions Peter, I hope you are both very happy, my turn ib 2 weeks!

Brian
CME Milldale

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Congratters Peter. Was the service conducted in Mandarin? I know that I had problems knowing when to say 'Da' (I do) in Russian. :)

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it was although there isnt really a service. its like going to a posh bank. i just sign on the line and fingerprint my signature and its done. it was 08,08,2008 which is a very luckey day for the chinese and there were reporters there and we did an interview for CCTV.

Peter

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Congratulations Peter, I hope you'll both be happy and that your wonderful wife is tolerant!

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
Congratulations Peter

I did wonder if you were among the 08/08/08 crowd which was quite widely reported here.

David

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
"its like going to a posh bank. i just sign on the line and fingerprint my signature and its done." Are you sure you were getting married and not signing to pay the bill for the Olympics? :)

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Congratulations Peter. About time too.

Gongxi hè bailien hau hûr. Sau sun gweisê.

Excuse the phonetic mandarin. Hope your good lady can understand it.

Hope to meet up in China some time.

Best of luck to you both and may you have a long and 'fruitful' life together.

Trevor & Guifang.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Nice one Peter and all the very best for the future

Regards

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
QUOTE (dwb)Congratulations Peter

I did wonder if you were among the 08/08/08 crowd which was quite widely reported here.
David

hello david
Yes we were! there were several thousand couples all trying to get married that day! luckely we had to attend a special registry office that was purely for chinese marrying foreigners and there was no queue at all!

QUOTE (Expat)Congratulations Peter. About time too.

Gongxi hè bailien hau hûr. Sau sun gweisê.

Trevor & Guifang.

Thankyou very much Trevor. i called my wife and she translated it for me.
Please give my best wishes to Guifang.

A big thankyou to all of you for the congratulations. we really do apreciate tham.

Regards

Peter

P.S. i have uploaded all the holiday pictures to my computer and i have now started the huge task of resizing them all and sorting them. i hope to have the trip report done soon.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Congratulations to both of you welcome to the club. I hope you have many many years of happiness together.

Best of luck to both of you.

m

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Congratulations Peter, Hope your both very happy together and the "Boss" continues to allow your toys

I'm a bit suprised that the Chinese were making a fuss over that date, it's not there calender, oh well I guess it's just another sign of globalisation.

Anyway once again best wishes for your future together.
Andii

1 - 19 of 19 Posts