Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have just returned to n gauge modelling after having a stroke,and I'm semi pleased with what I bought,I bought a Graham Farish Jubilee and what a fine model it is,also a Jinty tank loco,and a V2, 5 Graham Farish BR Mk1's and 4 Dapol Gresley coaches and 10 items of freight stock.

Now the disapointments,the BR Mk1 are still without interiors,I can remember buying them when Graham Farish first bought them out,then they were the cats whiskers but surely the're not now.

The Dapol Gresleys are out of this world compared to the Mk 1's, the only trouble is they wont't couple to the Graham Farish Loco's due the coupling hights being different, the ones on the loco's are higher than the ones on the coaches, I got round this by using a MK1 between the loco's and the Gresleys which kind of spoils things.

Now the V2 is useless it wont pull the skin off a rice pudding,it slips with 4 coaches ,even the Jinty will haul more. I bought it to haul the Dapol Coaches but it won't. I think the V2 is £72.00 down the drain,
I now wish I had bought another Jubilee instead.

I have al,so on order 5 Graham Farish Stanier coaches and a Graham Farish Standard 3 Tank loco.which are due out later this year hopefully.

Michael Hendle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,

Sorry I haven't replied before but I have had a bit of a bad week health wise.

Re the Graham Farish V2 the motor is in the loco,same as the Jinty,the Jubillee has the motor in the tender, the Jubillee and the Jinty 0 6 0 tank loco wiil pull any thing,it's just the V2 that wont and I can't find any where on it to add extra weight.

MIKE hENDLE

1 - 2 of 2 Posts