Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It was the largest, most powerful and most modern German locomotive with this wheel arrangement. The last ones were taken our of service in 1947. Now the G 4/5 H is making its comeback as a Brawa H0 gauge model in two versions with fascinating details. High quality: chassis, wheels and rigging in die-cast zinc. Attentive details such as a fully functioning drive train, true-to-original back boiler plate, driver and stoker in the cab, driver´s cab light, doors that open and close, real coal for the tender. Audible and visible extras: sound and smoke generator, either built-in or as a retrofit option.

The G 4/5 H is a convincing model with true-to-original details such as fittings and attachement, lights, paintwork and lettering. It´s the details that make the difference. The Bavarian model has 3 rim lights, number plates on the side of the boiler and one rear light on the tender. Boiler, driver´s cab and tender painted in green, the wheels in red.

This model is Brawa's HO flagship model this year and is sure to be good. Due out in October this is one to watch. The model is available in AC or DC format and also with or without sound and smoke generator.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I love the rim lights. This model might hit a sweetspot between Marklin and Micro-Metakit/Kiss. I might get an AC version for an interactive display and hook it up to a Mobile Station plus the AC version it gives me the option to run it on a club track. You've got to get the sound version which is supposed to be supplied by ESU. Uses a 21 pin connector as well.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
To be honest Brian I would still say they are museum quality. Having seen the detail Brawa do on a streamlined loco, one like this will be awesome. The price is steep but, even if it's the only loco you can buy this year, it would be worth it.

The website should sooon be updated with detailed pictures. This one was emailed to me by Australia's Maerklin/ Brawa dealer so it's the only one I've seen. But if you have a look on the Brawa website at the detail on the S2/6 you'll get an idea of what to expect.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 19 Dec 2006, 07:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>To be honest Brian I would still say they are museum quality.

That's what I really meant to say Neil.

Next year I will treat myself to a Brawa lok, but I cannot make up my mind - I would like something that will look good at the head of my Trix Rheingold set.

On the other hand I like the BR06 - the BR232 also looks a bit of a brute.

Maybe I'll go for something exquisite.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 20 Dec 2006, 02:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's what I really meant to say Neil.

Next year I will treat myself to a Brawa lok, but I cannot make up my mind - I would like something that will look good at the head of my Trix Rheingold set.

On the other hand I like the BR06 - the BR232 also looks a bit of a brute.

Maybe I'll go for something exquisite.
Brian and Dennis, go for it. It really is worth it. For your Rheingold maybe the S2/6 might be worth considering. Brawa issued one in K Bay purple this year which was a stunner. I can thoroughly recommend the BR06. It's my favourite at the moment. There are some stunners in there catalogue and their new website gives some good pictures of the detail.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Please stop showing these pics Neil - I've just drooled into my Wheetabix - the more I see the more I want !

Seriously though, thanks for the pics & Happy New Year.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 2 Jan 2007, 19:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Please stop showing these pics Neil - I've just drooled into my Wheetabix - the more I see the more I want !

Seriously though, thanks for the pics & Happy New Year.
No problem Brian, I'm having the same problem. I really am tempted by this one. Happy New year mate.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 2 Jan 2007, 08:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Please stop showing these pics Neil - I've just drooled into my Wheetabix

I understood it was Farleys Rusks, but honestly that is a seriously nice piece of kit, it's just a shame they didn't run west of Salisbury

Regards

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts