Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is something wrong at Kato? There seems to be a worldwide shortage of track. My favourite Japanese seller and M.G.Sharp seem to have very little stock.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Nice quality track system if not the most realistic,
I carried out a simple search on Ebay and found this:
Kato
I sure if you widened your search to worldwide you would find more.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There'll always be old stock listed on Ebay, but Kato don't seem to be supplying new stock. That's why I'm asking if Kato are having problems like so many other manufacturers.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
QUOTE (poliss @ 27 Mar 2008, 11:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There'll always be old stock listed on Ebay, but Kato don't seem to be supplying new stock. That's why I'm asking if Kato are having problems like so many other manufacturers.

According to Sharps website they have received Kato rolling stock recently but not track. I was in there a month or so back and they were expecting a delivery within a week but when I went again last week there was even less stock than before so I presume none arrived.

·
Premium Member
6,202 Posts
Recently on ebay there was a quantity of track for sale ....... rails of sheffield get a fair amount of secondhand stuff in.

As to Kato having a shortage coming from the factory i hope it isnt like another manufacturer in the hobby industy in Japan who distribute 90% of their production within Japan while the rest of us get the remainder.

upnick.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have used either, Plaza of Japan, or Atomic Trains USA for my Kato N Track.

Both have Ebay sites.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use Plaza Japan. There seems to be a distinct shortage there too, with a very much reduced range compared to what they normally have.

·
Registered
31 Posts
QUOTE (poliss @ 31 Mar 2008, 18:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I use Plaza Japan. There seems to be a distinct shortage there too, with a very much reduced range compared to what they normally have.

In the past I have been told that the Japanese manufacture on a batch basis. If they under produce stock will run out and we all wait until the next planned production run. A very diferent system from Europe where stock can be made to order. Hope this helps

Best wishes

S & D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts