Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
My advice is also to return it - the more people do repairs to brand new equipment the more the manufactures will continue to have poor quality control. As a retailer we would prefer that anything faulty was returned so that the manufacture would get feedback in the event of a quality control issue (certainly the manufactures of the products we stock would anyway).

As Richard says if the body is too hot just think how hot the motor was ! It may be that the mechanism is stiff causing the motor to overheat. As you used the GM Rolling Road what was the current draw ?

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (baz @ 26 Jul 2008, 17:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have the same problem with a vitrains class 37, but don't know the web address to contact them.

Cheers Baz

The manufactures :
www.vitrains.it

The UK importers ;
www.hobbyco.net
01908 605686

hope this helps & best of luck !

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (randolph @ 28 Jul 2008, 08:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The rolling road was drawing 0.7amps. However I have now set up a length of track and run it up and down for 30 minutes and all was OK. I guess that I did not have the loco sat correctly on the rr which then caused the problem??
I have found that you have to get the rollers "just right" or the loco will not run smoothly - often I find the loco will try to "climb" the rollers so you have to let the loco settle & then re-adjust.

Not too sure if .7amps is a lot for ViTrains as I've never tried one (still awaiting delivery of a couple of ViTrains SNCB 16's) - what is it drawing now on the RR ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.