Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else see the few moments near the start of this programme in which a gauge 0 layout appeared? I didn't have a chance to hit the record button in time. Unfortunately the layout appears to have been dismantled as part of the story, so I don't think it will appear again!

(Stephen Fry plays a Norfolk country-town solicitor with a number of family problems. His practice is in a large house, in which he also lives. The railway layout appeared to be in an upper floor, possibly attic, room.)

Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
26 Posts
QUOTE (John Webb @ 22 Apr 2007, 23:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Did anyone else see the few moments near the start of this programme in which a gauge 0 layout appeared? I didn't have a chance to hit the record button in time. Unfortunately the layout appears to have been dismantled as part of the story, so I don't think it will appear again!

Was it 7mm? It didn't look that big to me.... though good to see a modeller has a normal character in such a show. Though whether Stephen Fry can be considered normal......

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I seem to recall reading somewhere that Stephen Fry is a bit of a closet railway modeller - could be wrong though.

Regards

John

·
Registered
122 Posts
The model railway was a OO gauge. Stephen Fry lives close to where this was actually filmed and even though he is Gay, he is still a human being and may well be in to Model railways. Seeing as I live not too far from him and the fact he uses local train services, if I get to meet up with him again as in the past, I might well ask if he is interested in modelling.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments - I must admit I was caught off-guard and it could well have been 00. We'll have to look out for the repeats.
Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
QUOTE the fact he uses local train services, if I get to meet up with him again as in the past, I might well ask if he is interested in modelling

I strongly suggest, in the event of the above scenario happening, that you slightly re-phrase your question?

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Aha the layout appeared again briefly on Sunday, when his sister tried to crash a Caley pug and a BR MkI into a large pile of plastic animals.

Regards

John

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
> to my weary old eyes it looked to be more 00 gauge?
I reckon it's 00 gauge judging by that tunnel portal which looks very like the plastic thing you can pick up for a couple of quid in most model shops.

David

·
Registered
122 Posts
QUOTE (trainman @ 26 Apr 2007, 23:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The model railway was a OO gauge. Stephen Fry lives close to where this was actually filmed and even though he is Gay, he is still a human being and may well be in to Model railways. Seeing as I live not too far from him and the fact he uses local train services, if I get to meet up with him again as in the past, I might well ask if he is interested in modelling.

Thank you for alerting me to this. Yes I did mean railway modelling, but after his 'guest' modelled on Sunday, I will model for her if she wants and not railway-wise.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I too live not far from S Fry, if he still lives on that dodgy corner on the A47 where the shutters are always closed. Rumour has it he frequents Tescos at King's Lynn with Ben Elton sometimes...

All the best people live near here - the Queen, S Fry, to name but 2.

·
Registered
122 Posts
QUOTE (Jonathan @ 8 May 2007, 22:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I too live not far from S Fry, if he still lives on that dodgy corner on the A47 where the shutters are always closed. Rumour has it he frequents Tescos at King's Lynn with Ben Elton sometimes...

All the best people live near here - the Queen, S Fry, to name but 2.

Yes he does use Tesco's and will always speak if approached.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Although not actually to do with Kingdom I was watching BBC4 last night - OK - so I like the Avengers. In last nights episode Steed left a message ffor Emma in what appeared to be an old Triang clockwork train set. Having said that the lineside shots of electric blue AL6s with maroon coaches was well worth watching.

Regards

John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts