Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is Dynamic smoke?

Well have a look at this...........I want one!

It is produced by KM1 Modellbau. Usual disclaimer, I have never heard of them before. The locomotive is a class BR44.

All that it lacks is a British outlne and a bit of weathering, and I think we shall have cracked it.

Colombo

·
Registered
352 Posts
Wow, was that real, how do they get that volume of smoke? what gauge was it? I would choke to death with that amount of smoke in my loft, but i still want it

·
Registered
370 Posts
Must be April 1st today !!! Didn't realize my afternoon nap had been that long !!
A spoof or a blatant bit of marketing trickery. It just can't be real. If it is I'll swap 'er indoors for one. --- come to think of it, if it's a spoof I'll still swop ......

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Peter,

Thanks for finding the link. So If I want to run one, I shall have to build a Gauge 1 Garden Railway and it costs US $4,000 per loco. It did not sound at all tinny; I hardly expected to get that bass response from an HO loco.

Perhaps in a few years the technology will cascade down to O Gauge. I can dream, better start saving.

Colombo

·
Registered
40 Posts
I wouldn't hold my breath, because smoke doesn't scale down. The larger scale you have, the better it looks, and vice versa. I think it's a function of gas dynamics.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I suppose that this subject now needs moving to O Gauge, G and Larger Scales. Pity really, I rather fancied it in HO/OO

Colombo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts