Model Railway Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Nice pic's Neil & thanks for posting them.

Took some pic's of SL over the weekend & will post a couple here when I've joined the + section.

In the meantime I'll e-mail you some pics directly if you want me to (large files !).

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (adecoaches26point4 @ 7 Apr 2007, 21:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Found this and thought it may be of interest.
David

Yes - interesting - thanks for the pic.

There is just something about the whole look of German Steam - the "plumbing" on the exterior, the colours, the sheer functional looks !

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yep, the Br 45.
Liliput has a very fine model of it.
But hates curves.
So does my Br 52 Liliput.

Cheers
Baykal

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Very nice picture of the BR45. I am having issues with the traction tyres on my Lilliput BR05 at the moment. Used to be one of my best runners on my old layout. Guess the traction tyres need replaced. It usually doesn't mind curves.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 9 Apr 2007, 06:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very nice picture of the BR45. I am having issues with the traction tyres on my Lilliput BR05 at the moment. Used to be one of my best runners on my old layout. Guess the traction tyres need replaced. It usually doesn't mind curves.

Neil - I expect they have gone manky with age - I'm sure some of the FLM (later rubbery) ones will fit. My 05 is happy on R1 curves (looks silly though).

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 9 Apr 2007, 10:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Neil - I expect they have gone manky with age - I'm sure some of the FLM (later rubbery) ones will fit. My 05 is happy on R1 curves (looks silly though).

I'll second that
Not the radius of your curves, Brian .
I use these on all my Liliput tender driven models.

David

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (adecoaches26point4 @ 9 Apr 2007, 12:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not the radius of your curves, Brian .

Ah - the only R1 left now are well out of sight !

BTW - send me a PM with your e-mail addy & I'll send you the pics of the coaches !

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
QUOTE (woolwinder @ 1 Apr 2007, 16:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ME26-06,

One small point I would correct. "F" Zuge were LONG DISTANCE Express Trains.

woolwinder

Typical train 1956, Loco 05 4-6-4/Wagonlits Dining Car/ 2 pre-war type DB blue coaches.
Talk about super power for a train.

David

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (adecoaches26point4 @ 9 Apr 2007, 22:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Typical train 1956, Loco 05 4-6-4/Wagonlits Dining Car/ 2 pre-war type DB blue coaches.
Talk about super power for a train.
David
Is that correct then? The F Zug only had three coaches? Trix were doing a set of these to go with the forthcoming Br 05 003. I figured there would be more but if this is correct that is one powerful loco with aminimal load to pull.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 10 Apr 2007, 01:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is that correct then? The F Zug only had three coaches? Trix were doing a set of these to go with the forthcoming Br 05 003. I figured there would be more but if this is correct that is one powerful loco with aminimal load to pull.

Neil,
I have a picture of the train passing through Wuppertal Barmen.
I 'll dig it out for you.

David

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Neil.
05 001 on Fzug 1956.
I found this on a website sometime ago and can't remember which one

Just goes to show that trains don't have to be that long

David

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
I know this is a bit of a tangent to the prototype theme but I thought I'd ask as we were discussing this anyway. The F Zug coaches which are being released by Trix/Maerklin are coming with pre-installed lighting but nowhere on the literature does it say anything about this being operatable by DCC. Does this mean I will have to install function decoders in each of these coaches to use the lighting on DCC?

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 11 Apr 2007, 06:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know this is a bit of a tangent to the prototype theme but I thought I'd ask as we were discussing this anyway. The F Zug coaches which are being released by Trix/Maerklin are coming with pre-installed lighting but nowhere on the literature does it say anything about this being operatable by DCC. Does this mean I will have to install function decoders in each of these coaches to use the lighting on DCC?

Morning Neil,

You can leave them on all the time if you want - just check the bulb voltage or if they are LED they should be OK anyway. You only need to use decoders if you want to be able to switch the lights on & off.

I don't bother to fit decoders to my "lit" stock.

Yet another "I want" set ..................

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 11 Apr 2007, 16:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Morning Neil,

You can leave them on all the time if you want - just check the bulb voltage or if they are LED they should be OK anyway. You only need to use decoders if you want to be able to switch the lights on & off.

I don't bother to fit decoders to my "lit" stock.

Yet another "I want" set ..................
Morning Brian. I'm just about to leave work!

No worries, I'll just leave them on all the time. It's easiest. Thanks

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
The Trix set by the way is manufactured by Fleischmann (who iirc had offered it before as "F-Zug Gambrinus") and marketed by Märklin/Trix.

David, at the time the class 05 was relegated to pulling these short F-trains, their boiler pressure had been greatly reduced due to steel deterioration. They no longer had the power they once yielded, yet they were still very fast on these short trains. You can also use a class 03.10 on the F-trains:

this one still has its old boiler, which would have to be replaced due to very severe steel deterioration; they used a steel alloy on these that became very brittle with time. One 03.10´s boiler actually exploded in East Germany due to this problem, and one class 41 eingine in West Germany made of the same material came to a very close call. The Photo is taken from a web site about Wuppertal-Oberbarmen:

Wuppertal-Oberbarmen station

These F-trains were pure luxury in post-war Germany, and only very few could afford to ride them. Thus the short consists.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts