Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Latest addition to my roster...

K.P.E.V. (Prussian) ET883 / 834 Rail Car

In 1914 the KPEV purchased a total of 6 three-unit powered rail car trains for the route between Nieder Salzbrunn and Halbstadt with its many grades in Silesia. These 6 trains were acquired to better manage the constantly increasing passenger volumes in this region. These rail car trains were initially designated as the E.T. 501-506, and they had a visually striking design that was based in part on the express train passenger cars commonly in use at that time with their clerestories, truss rods, and inset doors. The motor car located between the two cab control cars ensured good running characteristics on routes with curves. When the passenger volumes into what was now Czechoslovakian Halbstadt decreased after World War I, these rail car trains, which were now designated as the ET 87, were used on other routes. In 1959 the last remaining ET 87 units were retired. Unfortunately, all of them were scrapped.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Fleischmann definitely used to make HO rack track, but I haven't bought a catalogue for some years and I guess it must have been dropped.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Nice, Dennis

I think the last steam loco I bought was this BR 65 - some years ago now.
Quite a handsome beast

"The prototype was a late built steam locomotive of the DB. The top speed both forwards and backwards was 85 km/h. She weighed 107,6 tons and developed 1088 kW (1480 HP). 18 of this modern type of steam loco were built, of which the first was built by Krauss-Maffei, and delivered to the DB in 1951! Our 65 018 was made under the production number 17 987 and delivered to the DB on 7th April 1956."

So Dennis, confession time!
How many locomotives has this bad (good!) habit of yours sucked you into so far?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
You most definitely ARE depraved. I must have roughly a dozen and a layout to be.
Which isn't too bad considering I purchased $15K+ of camera gear within the last few months and that I average a book a day with that habit! Been stocking up on points, motors, track and DCC gear and will make the deep dive next week in building the benchwork.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
More recent additions to my roster ...

Tender locomotive of the DB, class 38.10-40

Class 56.11 before the founding of the German Federal Railroad, 2-8-0 design. Built starting in 1916 as the class G 4/5 H for the Royal Bavarian State Railroad. Use: Medium and heavy freight train service on hilly terrain.

Tender locomotive of the DR, class 50 with tender 2'2'T28

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Picked this one up in Nuremberg last week ...

Prototype: German State Railroad Company class 983, 0-4-0T design, built starting in 1909 for the Royal Bavarian State Railroad (PtL 2/2), nicknamed "Glaskasten" ("Glass Box").

Use: Branch lines.

Model: Era II, with jackshaft, diecast metal locomotive body, 2 axles powered. Length over buffers 45 mm / 1-3/4". DCC

1 - 16 of 16 Posts