Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Michael.
As the other guys have said, if you are using setrack, it's best to have a "play"with it first, try out different configurations, etc, to find the best design. The advantage of setrack is that you can try out various permutations until you find your favourite plan. Of course, if you stick to the plan on the "track mat" you will be limited to that, but most modellers like to come up with their own preferred design and, of course, move on to flexible track later on where even more adventurous designs can be attempted (though you then need to be careful about laying curves to the correct radius, otherwise your trains will very quickly fall off at the corners because the curves are too tight!)
Have fun, I have been following this hobby all my life so far, and I'm still learning! But that's what is so great about railway modelling! And don't be afraid to ask questions, no matter how trivial you think they are, we are all here to help each other and I have been assisted by other forum members when I've come across problems and, as I say, I've been doing it for more years than I care to remember!
Cheers
Keith

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.