Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there... hope i do not sound useless as i am new to all off this.. But i have just brought myself a 6 foot by 4 foot piece of mdf and am now just about to do my first layout, only have a little room hence the size of what i have purchased. What i am wondering is what is the best way to lay the track. I have a track mat layout that i recieved with my train set (only a small set but i am getting there lol). Do i just lay it straight onto the mat itself or can you purchase something to lay the track on ontop of the mat? Sorry if i sound thick but i am just trying to learn and build up as i go along.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hello all

thank you all for your help, i am going to do as you suggest just have a play about and then decide what i would like. I have actually just picked up another full set of ebay for £20 so was not to bad. it has got plenty of straights etc so will have a work about with them. I have seen many layouts that roughly fit on a 6foot by 4foot board that has 3 track ovals so i think eventually i will go for that.

Just wanted to thank you all for being friendly and very helpful

michael

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.