Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
With the backboards in place now i am looking for a way to cover the layout but at the same time be able to access it quickly as atmospheric dust will settle when it is not in use.
Boards

The end nearest the camera will have an end added to it to come out to the front edge of the boards and as high as the rear backboards. my first thought was a roller type cover attached to the rear of the backboards i could pull over and hold at the front .. or another solution to put thin ply type board over the layout as in this diagram ........ board end
this being an end plan look with the two board hinged at the red points so it opens like an old car bonnet from the front.

Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved as to how to keep the layout as clean as possible.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (upnick @ 25 Jul 2008, 19:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>With the backboards in place now i am looking for a way to cover the layout but at the same time be able to access it quickly as atmospheric dust will settle when it is not in use.
Always a tricky one - I like both the idea's of the roller blind (something I've though about in the past) & the "car bonnet" hinge. Be interesting to see what others come up with.

The boards look very neat & well constructed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts