Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestion for any good free to download layout software. I've penned a few scale drawings, already, however, they become a mess when making alterations. I'm planning an N gauge layout using peco based track and points, so software that includes drag and drop point etc, would be perfect, but I'm willing to try anything out. Once I have the basic design I plan to do a full scale plan in due course, THanks in advance.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Makemineadouble @ 11 Sep 2006, 14:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Xtrackcad is a free download from: Xtrackcad. It's important with this software to setup only the parameter files you intend to use. You will then have in your case a track libary for Peco code 80 turnouts. Spend a little time learning the package because it's very good. The other important thing is to setup under options your layout size assuming your a pommie inches, and removing some of the labels under options display, remove the snap to grid feature (untick) and setup your grid and easements. It works far better with no easements. There are many other features, including layers of different colours. I did quite a bit of beta testing on this package 4 or 5 years ago.
Have fun

Looks interesting, but does it work on Windows XP, the site doesn't mention it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In the process of trying it out, but having problem setting up Layout width and height. It wont let me set it larger than 96 by 48 inches. When I do it says "Room size larger than 96" by 48" only available on level 1" what does that mean?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts