Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some Lazer Glaze for my Bachmann Class 25's after reading about it in Model Rail (number 158 pagers 66-69) and on Geogre Dent's Blog Spot , but where can you buy it from

I've tried the Shaw Plan web site and there Blog, and used the contact email address and contact form to ask them, but not had any reply...

Also tried Howes Models and it is out of stock....

It is the same kit for the class 24's as well

Anyone got any ideas please

Thanks

Ian

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Sorry to revive a very old thread, but I am trying to obtain some Shawplan Laser Glaze.

Problem is, I can't contact them - they don't seem to answer emails, even after several resends.

Are they still in business ? Has anyone else had similar issues ?

·
Chief cook & bottle washer
2,952 Posts
Yes, I have. In the end I gave up and went to Brassmasters. Not much help if you need glazing I know, but he certainly doesn't answer emails or phone calls.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Yes, I have. In the end I gave up and went to Brassmasters. Not much help if you need glazing I know, but he certainly doesn't answer emails or phone calls.
Thanks Peter.

It is the laserglaze that I am after, not brass window frames. I've seen pictures of it fitted to Lima MK2E's and it makes a very significant improvement to them. Makes them quite acceptable.

I found an article on R&W*b where a fella was modifying coaches on a large scale (and getting some very good results if I may say so) and he was complaining about Shawplan too. That makes three people I know of.

It makes me wonder whether some people are running a business or not. If they are running a business, then they are there to provide a service to customers, while making money of course. Even if a hobby business is a side-hustle, fine, but responding to emails is a courtesy which should not take longer than a couple of days in any business!
No email response = no customers = no business.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts