Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Looks very solid. Unless it is already installed, you may want to drill some holes in the cross-braces so you can pass wires through, as it may be easier than doing it from below.
Unless you have another cunning plan :))
I am with you in liking all Epochs from I-IV
Thanks for posting; have just arrived back at my layout and needed something to get ne started back on the tracklaying; on a mission to make an impression on the wiring so I can run my first kameralok that just arrived.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Nice pictures Babz - this is about where I am right now. Have been working on the trackwork for a couple of days so will be posting some pictures shortly.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Nice work. Takes a while to get going but rewarding to achieve something I always think...

BTW, on the prototype picture above, is the W sign for Whistle?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Laying tracks is in itslef a good motivator - sehr gut. My bottle of wood glue also dried up though asking ~5 years was maybe asking a bit too much. I am at the same stage as you...with the Fleischmann profi. Good luck

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Nice work John. Re "but they will have to be when time comes to split the boards." - I would hold off until the time comes when you have to do it...far better to run the trains without problem for the moment I would suggest. Plan B could be to remove / re-engineer that entire section of rail so they only have to be lifted out when you need to disassemble...?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
No worries - I hate cutting things up and will re-plan wherever to avoid it.
For some reason the thought came from having watched Von Ryans Express (again) the other weekend where they lifted up the rail...

I am being similary supported by a colleague with a 'second pair of eyes' during my track planning on Anyrail. Cheers

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
QUOTE (Allegheny1600 @ 28 Feb 2018, 13:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So, I now have to split the boards and turn everything over in order to fit point motors and micro-switches in order to feed the dead sections.

All looking far too neat and tidy for my liking - please go away

I can empathise, I will be at that stage in a couple of weeks and also need to build in the LK200 reverse module for the loop.
I can follow the logic of wiring but as the work progresses, I somehow lose my way, so we will be taking it on step at a time.

Good to at least achieve a step forward each day
Cheers

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Looks good John, as Mark implies, you now have something to run locos on. This has given me a bit or renewed inspiration to try and get my FL Profi Track hooked up and wired - too many locos sitting around idle. Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts