Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chief cook & bottle washer
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my LZV200 yesterday and the biggest change I see is that we now have 64 functions! I can't see all those being used in my lifetime, so it's a bit of a nuisance. The reason why is that I use live volume control on F27 & 28 which are on function group 2 (3 out of three, with the first being 0). Now with two clicks I can alter the volume, but then have to go through the rest of the empty groups to get back to controlling a loco. A minor gripe I know and I'll get used to it, 64 functions!
Anyway, the battery is now easily replaceable, so there's a plus, but I doubt it'll go flat in my lifetime. :)

·
In depth idiot
7,818 Posts
As a potential future LZV200 user, that's interesting.

Any way of remapping the functions that you use? If so I'd put everything I wanted in the 'first 16 functions' block, and 'that's it'. Nobody needs more than 16.

·
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No way of remapping that I know of; it certainly isn't in the manual. Not the end of the world I know, just a little niggle. Some of my sound decoders use more than 16 and all of them use F keys 27 & 28 for live volume control. I can't fathom anyone needing 64 functions. I liken it to an answer without a question. I'm pleased with it though and like the old LZV100 it does what it says on the box. I have been asked for feedback by the Lenz distributor here in Australia, which he will bring up with Lenz at his next online meeting with them.

·
In depth idiot
7,818 Posts
One question if I may? Does the manual for the '200' describe the method for altering the track output voltage? My '100' manual has it handwritten by myself, after some fossicking about to discover the necessary doings...

If that's not documented please raise it with the Lenz distributor. (My '100' system is set to deliver 15V at the loco motor terminals, in order that certain RTR OO 'slugs' can be persuaded to make their scale maximum service speed. No ill effects in any respect, just the fine performance I require: so I surely want the same available from the '200'...)

·
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the delay, we've been away for a couple of days. You'll be pleased to know that the manual that I downloaded and the one that came with it have instructions to alter the volts to track. I use 14v to give a nice amount of headroom for the 16v stay alives. I then change the top volts that the motor receives with CV57 in my Zimo decoders. Some of the modern motors are so efficient that I have one running on 5v and another on 7v and still enough speed.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
One question if I may? Does the manual for the '200' describe the method for altering the track output voltage? My '100' manual has it handwritten by myself, after some fossicking about to discover the necessary doings...
In case you don't have the latest LZV100 here's a copy attached. It includes a section on changing track voltage.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts