Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Chief cook & bottle washer
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my LZV200 yesterday and the biggest change I see is that we now have 64 functions! I can't see all those being used in my lifetime, so it's a bit of a nuisance. The reason why is that I use live volume control on F27 & 28 which are on function group 2 (3 out of three, with the first being 0). Now with two clicks I can alter the volume, but then have to go through the rest of the empty groups to get back to controlling a loco. A minor gripe I know and I'll get used to it, 64 functions!
Anyway, the battery is now easily replaceable, so there's a plus, but I doubt it'll go flat in my lifetime. :)

·
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No way of remapping that I know of; it certainly isn't in the manual. Not the end of the world I know, just a little niggle. Some of my sound decoders use more than 16 and all of them use F keys 27 & 28 for live volume control. I can't fathom anyone needing 64 functions. I liken it to an answer without a question. I'm pleased with it though and like the old LZV100 it does what it says on the box. I have been asked for feedback by the Lenz distributor here in Australia, which he will bring up with Lenz at his next online meeting with them.

·
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the delay, we've been away for a couple of days. You'll be pleased to know that the manual that I downloaded and the one that came with it have instructions to alter the volts to track. I use 14v to give a nice amount of headroom for the 16v stay alives. I then change the top volts that the motor receives with CV57 in my Zimo decoders. Some of the modern motors are so efficient that I have one running on 5v and another on 7v and still enough speed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts