Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
QUOTE (Richard Johnson @ 13 Jun 2008, 06:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Zimo is an excellent system but to me is overly expensive even allowing for its quality.

I just compared prices for the NCE Power Pro with the Zimo MX31ZL (at DCC Supplies), and the Zimo controller is slightly cheaper. Zimo supports RailCom, which the NCE controller does not. The Zimo controller has a 4 amp limit wheras the NCE controller goes to 5 amps. I have not had time to compile a full feature by feature comparison, but the Zimo may be worth a 2nd look, based on this small comparison.

From my experience, Zimo provide excellent support. They issue new versions of the software for the controller whenever new features are added or minor bugs fixed. This new software can be downloaded from the website and installed in the controller via a simple USB connection which is built-in with this controller.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.