Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a layout that I am hoping to develop WAY into the future, I was thinking the other day about level crossings. I am really into the UK modern barrier kind, but there are not that many on the market that accurately depict the real ones. Possibly the best I would say out there at the moment would be the Hornby set. It has the best looking lights but I think the lamps themselves are a bit too pointy, and the half barriers seem to take up most of the road. The Peco set has the better length barriers, but I never knew why the kit only has two sets of lights. Shouldn't it have four for each corner of the road? I think though that since Hornby have made many new buildings, I think the level crossings should have a reworking too, also since they have a new road system released.

Moreover I was wondering how you could achieve actual working wig-wag lights and sound in 4mm?

·
Registered
340 Posts
There might be some other manufacturer making a kit.
Or you could scratchbuild it and get the lights to take power from the track (is that how the Hornby one works?)
Regards,
Ben

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (ben100 @ 28 Jun 2008, 19:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There might be some other manufacturer making a kit.
Or you could scratchbuild it and get the lights to take power from the track (is that how the Hornby one works?)
Regards,
Ben

No, not the crossing. The crossing doesnt do anything. You might be thinking of the Hornby colour light signal. That is operated from the rails via a yellow switch that you have to buy seperately.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts