Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone
This is my Layout It has been under construction for nearing 2 years. This is my first layout, I've wanted to build my own layout for many years but haven't had the room, until we moved in to our new house nearly 2 years ago. This is some snap shots (if the image sizes are to big Email me and ill shrink them.)

I'm open to any comments good or bad.
I have more pictures on my web site http://www.oo-levington.co.uk/index.htm

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Welcome to the forum - nice work - especially the lighting effects (car by Viessmann or Busch ?).

Please keep us posted on progress.

To amswer another query I am certain that the streetlights are Contronics (have some on "St Laurent") - they are also available from Harry Maynard who has a shop in the depths of Kent, the name of which escapes me at the moment - Model Baseboards or something (BRITHO will know).

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 19 Feb 2007, 07:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>To amswer another query I am certain that the streetlights are Contronics (have some on "St Laurent") - they are also available from Harry Maynard who has a shop in the depths of Kent, the name of which escapes me at the moment - Model Baseboards or something (BRITHO will know).

I certainly do: The shop is the Model Shop, Woodchurch, Ashford, Kent. The baseboards are sold under the name of HM Baseboards, I think the address is 34 Brattle Woodchurch.

Nice layout and welcome to the forum.

Regards

John

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 19 Feb 2007, 07:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Welcome to the forum - nice work - especially the lighting effects (car by Viessmann or Busch ?).

Please keep us posted on progress.

To amswer another query I am certain that the streetlights are Contronics (have some on "St Laurent") - they are also available from Harry Maynard who has a shop in the depths of Kent, the name of which escapes me at the moment - Model Baseboards or something (BRITHO will know).

Hi mikelhh and dbclass50

Thanks for those comments. I got the street lamps from Express Models. The car is a Cararama bmw X5 I removed the base and installed some LEDs, It was just a trial to see if would work. I have done the Cararama bmw police car which I added blue flashing LEDs. Which can be seen in this short video clip at the bottom of this page

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Rob

Levington is expanding its profile
I wanted more hints and tips, Also a bit of feedback on my layout from other modellers.

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts

Nice one.

David

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 3 Sep 2007, 07:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice - I like the lighting effects.

Here here.

Regards

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks chaps
not been on in a while, you know what it is like. Wife, kids, work, kids, wife and many be trains!
I have just up graded the lighting on my layout. I'm happy with the effect, might not be prototypical but it looks great.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts