Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Bachmann Europe Plc have released the new Liliput Austrian Uh 0-6-2T narrow gauge HOe locomotive.

A total of 9 of these 0-6-2T locomotives were built in between 1928 and 1931 by Locomotivfabrik Krauss & Co, Linz and Floridsdorf, Wienerlokomotivfabrik, Wien for the 760 mm gauge network of the Austrian Federal Railways and the Zillertalbahn. Eight of the locomotives began their lives as BBÖ Uh (Bundesbahnen Österreich) and from 1953 were renumbered ÖBB 498 (Österreichische Bundesbahnen) to be withdrawn from service in the 1970s. The locomotives had a maximum speed of 40 km/h, weighed 28.1 tonnes and had a power output of 250 Kw.

Several of this narrow gauge locomotive type Uh are currently in existence. For example 498.04 is currently owned by the Österreichische Gesellschaft für Eisenbahngeschichte (Austrian Society for Railway History) as a museum exhibit currently under restoration. The locomotive is currently located on the preserved line in Upper Austria, the Steyrtalbahn, at Grunburg. Locomotive Uh 5 works on the Zillertalbahn line in the Tirol and Uh 102 works on the Bregenzerwaldbahn in the Vorarlberg.

The new Liliput model is available in five versions. These are;

L141490 Class 498 in OBB (Austrian Railways) livery (Epoch lll)
L141491 No. 5 "Gerlos" of the Zillertalbahn Railway (Epoch V)
L141492 Uh locomotive 102 of the Bauart Uh der Bregenzer Waldbahn (Epoch 1V - V)
L141493 No. 99 828 in DR livery (Epoch ll)
L141494 No. 498.04 as preserved by Österreichische Gesellschaft für Eisenbahngeschichte / Austrian Society for Railway History (Epoch V)

Each locomotive has a recommended retail price of £95.00. HOe locomotives run on 9mm track and can be used in conjunction with OO9 (British narrow gauge) scale.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
These large-boilered versions of the Ziller locos look a lot more business-like compared to the earlier examples. Having had a deco at a couple of examples of the new run I have to confess that I am impressed. Lilliput's HOe stuff is neat and some new additions to the range are very welcome. 10/10 as far as I'm concerned.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Dennis David @ 26 Jul 2006, 16:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've always liked the Liliput locomotives and coaches. I didn't know that Bachmann had purchased the brand until recently. Has anything changed with their product?

In my experience "Bachmann" Liliput do not run as well (unless you spend some time on them !) as "Liliput" Liliput.

Certainly the case with DB steam loco's.

best regards
Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.