Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a large number of these coaches. They are nice models in so far as they run well, although the detail is not as good as more modern models, they are very forgiving. The problem is those awful couplings. As it is part of the bogie moulding, it is difficult to alter them. Does anyone have any ideas please.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Easy one - retrofit the Roco Close coupling mounts - then you have close coupling & a full choice of coupling heads.

The part numbers are ;

40343 for two axel vehicles
40344 for four axel vehicles

If you cannot source them locally to you then send me a PM.

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 8 Feb 2009, 09:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Easy one - retrofit the Roco Close coupling mounts - then you have close coupling & a full choice of coupling heads.

The part numbers are ;

40343 for two axel vehicles
40344 for four axel vehicles

If you cannot source them locally to you then send me a PM.
I have actually done this (thanks for the mounts and advice Brian) to various Hornby wagons and it works well.
Steve

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have heard that Parkside-Dundas are doing a mount for NEM? couplings that can be glued in place. Anybody tried it out yet?

David Y

·
Registered
144 Posts
Dinwiddy,

Please, oh please, stop using the term "NEM Couplings". What you mean is "NEM Sockets", for mounting Couplings. As far as Britain is concerned, there are NO NEM Couplings. The only NEM Couplings are the Marklin type, which are not used in Britain, except by owners of Marklin models and/or other European products which have these type of couplings. This of course only applies to 00/HO. However, there is also a similar situation for N Gauge, but that is another matter.

gresley

1 - 6 of 6 Posts