Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bradley McMullan
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys
due to a change of era,im releasing a few models from my collection.
im wondering what this following list is worth at todays prices,and if anyone is interested in them?..

i have for sale
LIMA--
59002yeoman yeoman enterprise.
60016EWS railmagazine
60093Transrail JackStirk
37426EWS
31466EWS
HST VIRGIN inc 2 trailers and an extra seperate boxed trailer.-power car is STORM FORCE
20904DRS
HORNBY

FREIGHTLINER PACK
47/3+3 flats with containers....and....i think there are 10 seperate flats to go with it.

hope someone can help because i really dont know WHAT these limas are worth now since the collapse of the outfit.
cheersss!!!
BRAD

·
Registered
763 Posts
The best guide to prices is either ebay or the ramsays guide. The former can offer a somewhat distorted view of prices and the latter is about 18 months old since its last update and tends to be a guide price only. The problem with lima is not so much they are out of business but that some of their range has been devalued by the release of newer improved loco's by other makers. The 60 and 31 have really fallen in value since the release of the hornby versions.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE The problem with lima is not so much they are out of business but that some of their range has been devalued by the release of newer improved loco's by other makers.

The problem with Lima is more that they are toy trains rather than model trains. Their value would be low unless you waited around for the right buyer. Selling them on EBay is probably your best bet as you'll get the widest possible selection of buyers.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Doesn't matter about being superceded so much as the liveries. The DRS ones sell for a reasonable amount due to their relative rarity and the EWS ones seem to hold up well, moreso the 37 than the 31. The HST in my opinion is superior to hornby's in looks(which probably means its totally wrong then) and would again possibly command a reasonable price. As I say try and find someone selling the same on ebay and see what they fetch, it may be you decide not to sell or seek out an alternative arrangement such as a trade in against something newer as many shops do this although I don't know what they offer.

·
Registered
213 Posts
One problem is that most of the Lima models you offer for sale are relatively new models- 2001-2003ish. These are readily available on the net, so my estimates are:

59: £35 (sell now before Hornby release their mod)
60s: £25-35 each
37: £25-30
31: £25
HST: £40ish
20: £45 (due to livery)

Regards,

CIG 1705

·
Registered
763 Posts
Jusr seen a far more desirable (in my opinion) GNER liveried hst go for under £50 so I dunno maybe around the same for the virgin one. Thought that the gner one was to cheap compared to previous ones i've seen selling

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Its a struggle to sell Lima locomotives at the moment.

Visit any large model railway show and just see the boxes of Lima stuff piled high on trade stands and priced up at £25 to £30. Even at these prices nobody seems to buy so stock remains with the trader.

In terms of Ebay right now as its the middle of the summer I would be pesimistic and you should take about £5 off the guide prices indicated above.

Start the sales at the lowest prices you will accept, don't set a reserve, and see if there are any takers.

I have observed a joker trying to sell recent Lima production stuff at £60-£70 in mint unused condition. He claims a rare opportunity to aquire etc etc. Dream on.

Trade prices for Lima locomotives are £15-£20 so I will offer £130 for the 7 and you pay the shipping. Firm offer and no Ebay hassle!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
763 Posts
Yep times seem tough at the moment and even in the run up to last christmas I was picking up some real bargains but at the same time was struggling to shift some of my older lima stuff.
Maybe its time for another absloute disaster from one of the manufacturers to gee up sales of the equivalent lima models.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts