Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be grateful for your advice. Did Bachmann use the Lima mould for their Crab? If so, is the motor the same, too? Finally, would you go for the Lima model on e-Bay for £30ish, or pay around £60 for the Bachmann? Course the Bachmann is DCC ready so I think I may have answered my question. Be interested in your thoughts, though.
mal

·
Registered
229 Posts
The Bachmann model is brand new tooling dating back a few years. The two models are not really comparable and I would recommend the Bachmann version over the Lima one.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
763 Posts
The Lima Crab was a bit basic even in its day, and being Lima there's no guaranteee it's especially accurate. The Bachmann model has nothing to do with it - Bachmann's effort is a modern model to modern standards.

I'd definitely shell out the extra money for Bachmann. Sorry to disappoint you if you thought you had an ebay bargain in the crosshairs...

·
In depth idiot
7,662 Posts
And with some careful shopping around, you can get versions of the Bachmann Crab for £50 or thereabouts.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have to aggree with all the previous replys, I have both of these models, the lima was not a very good model, it ran and still does run poorly, and was constantly de-railing on bends, not very tight ones i may add, the Bachman crab is much better, and more pleasing to the eye.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts