Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Thats the alchemy business down the pan then!! Turning lead substitute into gold. We've started using zinc at work but it isn't very pliable flaming expensive too.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Dick Cheney gained a whole load of respect world wide when he "accidentally" bust a cap in the ass of a lawyer while on a shooting trip when he allegedly mistook him for a snake in the grass (I think i got that right Dennis?)

·
Registered
763 Posts
I think its more a case of they will be unable to obtain any more lead products after a certain date not that they will be unable to sell any existing stock. Our garage has been converting from the use of lead wheel balancing weights to zinc since late last year, as stocks of a particular weight became unavailable in lead zinc ones were sent. At a much greater price I hasten to add.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I think you've just summed up the entire European Union in one sentence there. It is worth pointing out that when they took lead out of petrol it was replaced by something far worse (no change there then). What you doing soldering anyway don't you know you could burn youself?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Government health warning
The use of soldering irons can seriously damage your relationship.
Or
Soldering whilst married may reduce your chances of having children!!
I'm surprised the solder doesn't have the warning do not chew on the packaging just for our American friends.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Looking at some of the locos and carriages you see going with damage on ebay or at swopmeets that is quite a common occurence. Or left on window sill in the blazing sun although you'd have to be really unlucky to do that on the one day of the year it is actually sunny

·
Registered
763 Posts
QUOTE (Ozzie21 @ 23 Apr 2006, 23:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What "blazing sun" in the UK and what year was that

Ozzie21
Its usually the day before I set off on my summer holidays. Then sometimes the day after I get back. I seem to remember the weather was better when I was a child, so that pees all over this global warming rubbish. Most of which is caused by the carbon dioxide emissions from politicians, environmentalists, scientists and newsreaders telling us about how bad it is.

·
Registered
763 Posts
So there's your answer then its hot in England every 20 years. Except in the South East where they have been on a hosepipe ban since 1840!!

·
Registered
763 Posts
The Leeds General Infirmary has a McDonalds situated on the top floor above the cardiac wards. And according to that addled bird in charge of health the NHS is in the best shape its ever been. What do they put in the water at Westminster?
Oh probably delivered throught Victorian lead pipes!!! And drunk out of tin cups. Well that explains it then all mad as a hatter due to acute lead and arsenic poisoning.

·
Registered
763 Posts
QUOTE (Gofer @ 25 Apr 2006, 08:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think when Queenie knighted Maggie she actually meant to behead her but lost the nerve at the last minute.
I wonder how much it cost her for the peerage!!
Nice to see her young protegee keeping up the good work (Blair that is not Cameron)

·
Registered
763 Posts
You'd probably end up in the French half of Canada. Celine Dion and Bryan Adams...2 good reasons for not going to Canada!
As for Blair and Brown they have managed to make their own people hate them almost as much as the rest of the world. Kind of a downmarket version of the Tories. Amazing that since Brown didn't put up fuel duty at the budget the price has gone up by 3p.

·
Registered
763 Posts
You think this thread got a bit tangled up you ought've seen some of the ones on the rails forum. Before they shut it down that is!
Anyway politicians... My advice would be to weight them down with huge amounts of solid lead nver mind the liquid type.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Checked their homepage and it says they pulled it due to problems. Much like the MOT computer at work has been for the last 2 days. Anyway dude they promised a new one so we'll have to wait and see.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.