Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I use 'Double OO" bird shot that I get from my local gun shop. I mix it with PVA glue then paste it into whatever space I have to fit it in. I also melt it down, or fishing weights, to use in loco chassis that are a bit light. I mill out parts of the chassis and fill the void with the molten lead. As most of the chassis for modern models are made from a zinc alloy the chassis has no problems handling this.

Ozzie 21

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Okay got it now but isn't he just the middle chief isn't the bloke with the big P on his back chief of the warmongers.
Ozzie 21

QUOTE (Dennis David @ 30 Mar 2006, 00:26)yep but the term is he "peppered" him. Our chief warmonger.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
QUOTE (37197 @ 23 Apr 2006, 09:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>And those soldering iron burns can be quite nasty

Don't forget the hole I burned in the carpet when I knocked over the iron and left the room. My ears are still ringing
or when I spilled a bottle of acid flux on the dinning room table and in my haste to clean it up I knocked over a crystal vase and shattered it
I'm deaf in one ear now. But that was a while ago and now I can do these things and there's silence and she no longer whinges when I buy a new loco or two or three. I like silence and being singele

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
QUOTE (spongebob @ 24 Apr 2006, 08:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looking at some of the locos and carriages you see going with damage on ebay or at swopmeets that is quite a common occurence. Or left on window sill in the blazing sun although you'd have to be really unlucky to do that on the one day of the year it is actually sunny

What "blazing sun" in the UK and what year was that

Ozzie21

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 25 Apr 2006, 09:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm astonished they haven't. Thats exactly why I moved to Australia as you get hammered with tax every way you look in the UK. If it isn't VAT then it's capital gains or some other form of stealth tax. I just got sick of the government taxing the f
k out of my earnings and then getting double whammied at the shops. And the petrol pump...
I pay a third of what I used to pay at home for petrol here.

When I left Scotland in 1974 things weren't that bad but the influences of the common market, the conservatives and outside pushing from the US were changing things. Oz was a breath of fresh air, everything was cheaper but then wages were lower too but the low prices made up for it all. The dollar was almost 2.15 yank money so model trains were cheap hence my intial switch to US modelling. Now things are catching up as the yanks globalise everything and our puppet on a string little Johnny dances whenever George Bush pulls his strings. Now petrol climbings like a rat up a drainpipe and I may have to sell my SS Commodore as its starting to infringe on the model budget and buy something sensible
still at only a $1.25 a litre it's a lot cheaper than you guys pay. By the way how did the UK ever manage to survive Maggie Thatcher. Must have been like the days of Cromwell.

Ozzie21

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.