Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,102 Posts
QUOTE there is a degree of lead vapour produced every time a joint is made

How long would this vapour remain in the air after you had been soldering?
I have been doing quite a bit recently as I have been improving the connections between my track.

The reason I ask is that I sometimes have kids in to see my layout and my little boy is in there almost everyday.
The room is not well ventilated as the backdrops block access to the windows.

·
Premium Member
8,102 Posts
QUOTE Just as well it's not sunny more often as the people that claim to be governing the country would only find a way to tax us on it

I'm astonished they haven't. Thats exactly why I moved to Australia as you get hammered with tax every way you look in the UK. If it isn't VAT then it's capital gains or some other form of stealth tax. I just got sick of the government taxing the f
k out of my earnings and then getting double whammied at the shops. And the petrol pump...
I pay a third of what I used to pay at home for petrol here.

·
Premium Member
8,102 Posts
QUOTE By the way how did the UK ever manage to survive Maggie Thatcher. Must have been like the days of Cromwell.

It was! You should have seen the miners strike. It was almost like civil war round our way, (Fife).

QUOTE I may have to sell my SS Commodore as its starting to infringe on the model budget and buy something sensible

I had to sell my Land Rover Discovery for that very reason and that was a Diesel one!

QUOTE Now things are catching up as the yanks globalise everything and our puppet on a string little Johnny dances whenever George Bush pulls his strings.

Yep, house prices have doubled in Melbourne and Sydney is fast catching up with London.

·
Premium Member
8,102 Posts
QUOTE As for Blair and Brown they have managed to make their own people hate them almost as much as the rest of the world. Kind of a downmarket version of the Tories.

I actually voted for them in 96 or 97 as I felt the same way about the Tories. Last time I was home in the Uk everyone I spoke to said they were the exact same as the Tories. I think this cash for peerages thing really underlines it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.