Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im Nick been into trains for years n years im currently 20 n have been in a few clubs Gainsborough Model Railways society (0 gauge) 'was very fun operating' and Bassetlaw Model Railway Society (various gauges)

Well been working on this layout for 3 years! its changed over 5 times (wanting to run different things and more!!!) its currently has a 8 ft senic section (soon to be more)
and is going to be in a U shape in my bedroom 1 side fiddle yard! (eventually all the way round) So far only 2 of the 5 senic boards are complete'ish lol with 1 more lagging behind!

The main idea behind this layout is that it can be set up for an exhibition mainly the middle of the U can be added in a straight line to give somthing 18 / 20 feet depending on fiddle yard! so theres a few tunnels lol
ill put some pics up tomorrow after ive had a tidy up lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thankyou mate lol yea the pics were way to big lol!! soon sortted that lol!

yea im mostly GWR loco wise but i do have a few southern n ECML loco's well spent youth building them up.
Haven't bought a new loco in over 3 /4 ish years last one i bought was the new bachman A1 lol

Eventually I want to run the layout as either GWR 'most of the time' or southern and mayber even preserved so i can what i want

·
Registered
92 Posts
preserved is the best as you get to run what ever you want without having to do it how it was done in the days gone...lol

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
QUOTE (7 1/4 Nick @ 19 Jun 2008, 09:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thankyou mate lol yea the pics were way to big lol!! soon sortted that lol!

yea im mostly GWR loco wise but i do have a few southern n ECML loco's well spent youth building them up.
Haven't bought a new loco in over 3 /4 ish years last one i bought was the new bachman A1 lol

Eventually I want to run the layout as either GWR 'most of the time' or southern and mayber even preserved so i can what i want

Hi Nick.

It's nice to run what you want. You can always pertend that they had to divert through your section because of a landslide or something.lol

Any excuse is a good one.Come to think of it,why bother with the excuse's.

·
Registered
13 Posts
QUOTE (millsie @ 19 Jun 2008, 09:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>preserved is the best as you get to run what ever you want without having to do it how it was done in the days gone...lol

QUOTE (TonyDaly @ 19 Jun 2008, 09:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Nick.

It's nice to run what you want. You can always pertend that they had to divert through your section because of a landslide or something.lol

Any excuse is a good one.Come to think of it,why bother with the excuse's.

So true so true
any locos good 2 me lol

its quite good the way ive done the layout because i can run me big trains 6' coaches using the long main plafrom and having a lock in theory for loco n then ive got the choice of running 2's 3' and 4's cos of the way ive done the track layout! n the fact ive got 2 platforms 'well will have when ive got them done lol

jst a quicky track diagram

·
Registered
92 Posts
looks alright...im in the middle of makin a layout about 20ft and since i layed the first piece of track iv not had a diagram or anything...its a case of...i want this...this...and this and whalla i have have a layout lol...not decided on what to do with the other two boards yet hehe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOl was pretty much the same for me lol that is how those boards are staying for now the last 2 boards are going to be either a country station / branch or a viaduct with river / canal whatever still aint decided! lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
nice layout mate and welcome to the forum ive two questions if i may whats the black underlay youve used i remember using somthing simular at a model railway club at school but dont know what it is and secondly is that a barnsley main coal wagon i see if so where can you get them .cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The black stuff m8 is just 2mm crafts card got tons of it makes very good underlay cut it to shape wioth scalpel n jst glue it down n pin track 2 it

Barnsley main wagon i got from my local model shop Newark 'Acess models' they do lots of local bachamn wagons
apart frm that i dunno were else to get them from

onto board 2 2morro

1 - 16 of 16 Posts