Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
The couple of hundred dancers were professionals dressed as commuters, although some members of the public did join in, I gather! Hidden cameras were used to film in order to get the surprised looks on the faces of the public. (Information I caught somewhere in the past week, but can't remember the source.)

Regards,
John Webb

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the additional info' John - you could tell the "professionals" but it did look pretty good.

Do you know if it was "official" (I do sometimes carry out work at Liverpool St & other Network Rail Stations) - I bet the Risk Assesment & Method Statement made better reading for the DSM's than the usual stuff !

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Yes I expect I would have done

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I was passing through Liverpool Street that morning, not sure if it was before or after the filming but it was obvious something was going on. There were the usual signs to the effect that by passing this point you gave your consent to being filmed (what happens if you don't but just need to catch a train?) and a not-very-well-hidden camera platform on the balcony.

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
Can you imagine that being done at a bus station or an airport?

David

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 8 Feb 2009, 09:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>.....Do you know if it was "official" (I do sometimes carry out work at Liverpool St & other Network Rail Stations) - I bet the Risk Assesment & Method Statement made better reading for the DSM's than the usual stuff !
Brian,
Yes, it was - they even used the station PA to play the dance music. The information was in 'The Railway Magazine', page 13 of the March 2009 issue. There were actually 350 professional dancers. Filming took place on 15th January. The whole thing was negotiated with NR's commercial filming manager.

Regards,
John

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
***Brilliant - the world needs lots more of it!

Richard

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 8 Feb 2009, 10:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looked like lots of fun. Would you have joined in?

Hoh yus

QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 8 Feb 2009, 10:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I certainly would ! (Even if I looked silly).

??!

Regards

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you search on YouTube, you can find a 'making of' clip which explains how they did it.

And for you budding dancers out there . . . two clips teaching you how to do the dance!

Have fun!

G

1 - 13 of 13 Posts