Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i now it probley a daft question to for you guys to answear but, i was wondering are corgi and lledo range of trackside vechice, made by the same company because they have more of less identickle boxes and both have very similar products.

All the best

Smiley

·
Registered
50 Posts
go to your local tk max store they are clearing out all the old xmas toys 4.99 for artic lorry with sheet load, and 7.99 for large low loader with scotsman tender load, over half price!

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's a bit if a yes and no answer
When first introduced the Trackside Range was made by Lledo then a few years later when Jack Odell sold up Corgi bought Lledo lock, stock and barrale. That's why the later models have Corgi on the box
Hope that makes it clear as mud.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
A word of warning on the Corgi trackside range. Some of the vans Anglia, etc are apparently not to 1/76 but appear to be 1/72. The Anglia is considerably larger than the Oxford Diecast one, which appears to be the correct size.

Regards

John

·
Registered
487 Posts
I recently bought a Lledo 1:76 Shell Tanker, this model is certainly well made other than the wheels are not free running same applies to the Corgi Post Office van 1:76 set of four.
Both vehicles sets are noted to be 1:76, though placing the PO vans alongside the Shell Tanker, the PO vans certainly look smaller - which vehicle? is not rue to the 1:76 gauge or true 4mm.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (double00 @ 1 Jul 2007, 11:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Both vehicles sets are noted to be 1:76, though placing the PO vans alongside the Shell Tanker, the PO vans certainly look smaller - which vehicle? is not rue to the 1:76 gauge or true 4mm.

I would draw your attention to my earlier post about scale discrepancies. This came about as part of a discussion at a recent show. When placed together the Trackside Anglia van was considerably larger than the same vehicle by Oxford diecast. This resulted in me borrowing an Oxford one and running a ruler over it. It transpired that the Oxford vehicle is pretty much to 1/76 and the Corgi somewhere about 1/72.

In my opinion it is the van is too big.

Regards

John

·
Registered
487 Posts
BRITHO, I agree with your opine and in fact manufacturers seem to differ in scale but advertise as 1:76 4mm and only proved wrong when placed together, do we see a discrepancy.
Buying shoes is another market where two manufacturers selling 6.5 differ as to one being correct fit whilst the one being a looser fit, though both shown as 6.5.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts