Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here, so hi! Just wondering if anybody happens to know where I can find a model of the locomotive? Not on eBay as I am not allowed to use that, but if anybody knows any second hand shops in the north west which could have one, please let me know.

·
Registered
201 Posts
there should be more second hand versions when Bachmann release their new model during this year. and they will be going for quite cheep because of this.

Alistair

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I have one of her name plates here..........it weights a tonne. Bristol Barrow Road Engine. Why dont you rename and renumber it's not that difficult you just need a Jubilee with the same number of letters on the name plate.

·
Registered
90 Posts
QUOTE (Makemineadouble @ 31 Jan 2007, 17:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have one of her name plates here..........it weights a tonne. Bristol Barrow Road Engine. Why dont you rename and renumber it's not that difficult you just need a Jubilee with the same number of letters on the name plate.

And the same number of chimneys...

L E A N D E R = 7 letters + 1 chimney
B A H A M A S = 7 letters + 2 chimneys (OK then,
1 double chimney)

Yes, I used to go to Dinting Railway Centre when both Jubs lived there.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Dear Michael,
247 Developments make etched brass nameplates for most British locomotives. E-mail address is [email protected] .

Fox Transfers can supply numbers for cabsides www.fox-transfers.co.uk

With the items available from both these companies it is easy to rename and renumber most ready-to-run models into something different. If you use the MRF search engine to look for 'renumbering' you should find a number of recent entries explaining how it is done.

Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help everyone, I'll take into consideration everything that you have said!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Kader produced 5690 Leander for Palitoys Mainline Railways range in the late 1970s/early 1980s. They are quite common second hand and the chassis can be renewed with a Kader Bachmann Branchline Jubliee chassis.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Michael

I have a Leander OO model but it need re wheeling as its the old Palitoy Mainline model the body is fine but the chassis is not very good cause of the wheels.

Pete

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 2 Feb 2007, 08:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i have a mainline leander. it looks great but sounds a bit like a food processor on extacy!

Peter

Sounds like the original Mainline chassis?mech to me!

Regards

John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry! Just checked back on this thread and saw all these posts! Well, I'm going to try to pick Leander up at the Heywood Railway and Toy fair at the Heywood Civic Hall next month (if they have one of course).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts