Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Was wondering if anyone had any info on the two Viaducts just prior to Millers Dale station. I have Bill Hudsons Book Through Limestone Hills, a geat informative read. Although it gives a trackplan and some station shots, no info on these great viaducts.Have tried the 36780 hits on google and other web based info files. managed to get a few more picturersbut no plans or dimensios.
Possible suggestions please.
ads

·
Registered
303 Posts
Andrew,

You now have a wonderful excuse to come and visit Derbyshire as both viaducts are still in situ. This is the best way of doing research.

Colombo

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Monsdale Viaduct was featured on a recent BBC Midlands TV programme as one of the 7 wonders of the Midlands. They interviewed train drivers who worked across the viaduct. Last time I visited climbers were absailing down it.

The other wonders were the iron bridge at Ironbridge, the limestone caverns at Dudley, Warwick Castle, Hereford Cathedral, The Botanical Gardens at Edgbaston, and Foxton Locks.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
32 Posts
The two vaiducts and Millers Dale Station were modelled on a layout in a building in front of Slaters Plastikard works in Matlock Bath.
It used to be open to the public, but I don't kmnow if its still there now.
Pete

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
Thanks all for the information as an ex patrolman I spent many a long hour in and around sunny Buxton. Sorry wet and windy Buxton. That said I am sorry I left Derbyshire.But thats another story. I was hoping some one could point me in the direction of scale drawings or similar or is that me being a bit of an optomist
ADS

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
It might be worth trying the National Railway Museum in York to see if they have any drawings etc. which they may have in their archives. They seem very approachable from my past experiences. They hope in due course to get all their material onto their website, but that will take some years.

Website is: http://www.nrm.org.uk

Hope you find what you want.
Regards,
John Webb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.