Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there dose anybody know of a chassis pack for a LMS Stanier Mogul as I have a very very old K's kit of one I have the Wheels and axcels but I need a chassis ?
The K's kit has excerlernt detail on it but the chassis and valve gear is very lacking I have tried Comet but they do not do a chassis.

Peter Harvey

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Hi Peter,
just a thought, you might find a commercial chassis that might fit. As it's a mogul either the Bachman N which may not fit because of the vertical motor, or the recently released Mucky Duck. You might need to re wheel it
but this could be your best solution.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Bachmanns sell complete spare chassis for 00 including a couple of 2-6-0 locos - see page 109 of the current catalogue. (By complete I mean with wheels, motor, valvegear etc all fitted - you just fit a body on.)

Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
213 Posts
QUOTE (John Webb @ 21 Apr 2006, 11:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Bachmanns sell complete spare chassis for 00 including a couple of 2-6-0 locos - see page 109 of the current catalogue.

They might be in the catalogue,but a lot of their chassis [including the 43xx mogul] aren't available and they have no plans to re-run them..

For a Stanier Mogul chassis have you considered shortening one from a Hornby Fowler 2-6-4T?.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Should have guessed that might be the case. I have seen some for sale at swapmeets, but presumably these were old stock.

(If they advertise something as being available and it isn't, could this be a case for Trading Standards? Now my fellow railway-modelling neighbour is in Trading Standards......)

Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
34 Posts
Alan Gibson advertises mainframes for a Crab - how different are they? You might be able to adapt that. I don't know how you'd be placed for valve gear, though.

I've used his mainframes before for just this kind of thing and they do the job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts