Model Railway Forum banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Administrator
10,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Thanks for the link Alastair. It looks a bit spartan but provides food for thought.

David

·
Administrator
10,021 Posts
The plumbers having been shown what the lucky chaps in St. Albans have got, knocked up the sink, tap and draining board you can just make out at the back of the box.

You can see the draining board better in this clip from another image.

A new heating controller is on order, so it should soon be possible to have heat and / or light in any combination.

Having provided the running water, the signalling staff want a kettle. Has anyone any ideas on what to do about this request?

David

·
Administrator
10,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Thanks for that Nick, I must add Langley as one the places to look for small details like that. I suspect the kettle may be part of the brazier casting so I think I'll try make something out of blu-tac and fuse wire. Once it's covered in black paint, who's to know

David

·
Administrator
10,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I have now hooked up the lights to a decoder and this is the result:-

David

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Hi David

Your signal box looks really good, The lights make it look real in the night atmosphere. Excellent

I've had a look at the signal box on your thread and I have to say you have made a great job on it.

Kind regards

Paul

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
***Absolutely Magic David - the box + train looked really great.

I'll bet he's not cold with that fire - looks very toasty indeed. Perhaps set the voltage level CV for that function to about half so he doesn't boil the kettle dry too quickly

Richard

·
Administrator
10,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
I'm pleased you all liked the short video. I've realised in doing it in the dark that I don't need to worry about the scenery it's been set in (virtually none), the colour of the track or how far apart the rails are (16.5mm).

To Richard: QUOTE train looked really great.
As you probably recognised from the sound, the A3 is your work...
As for lowering the voltage, I will need to study the bit masks. I know there is a "dim" setting as I have used that on the outside light but I'm not sure if it's available for the firebox flicker.

David

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
***Hmmm you may be right. I was thinking ESU not FL4. It may be a case of another 5 to 10k on the LED then. Still looks good though - and its hard to appreciate actual levels from a video as they never really look the same as being in the room with them.

Kindest regards

Richard

·
Administrator
10,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
QUOTE and its hard to appreciate actual levels from a video as they never really look the same as being in the room with them.

The red LED is a bit hot and rather more prominently placed than is good for it. Next time I will stick it on the side.

David

61 - 78 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.