Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can Buy spare Hornby locomotive bodies, I need a body and cab for my R3453A Pug.

Thanks

Jeorge

·
Registered
213 Posts
Which version of the Pug is it?,-is it the ex-Dapol Aspinall L&Y loco,or the 'Caledonian' type with the metal footplate that fits on the standard 040T chassis?
[I put the R. number into Hornby's product search but nothing came up]

Either way,-get in contact with East Kent Models,-they have bodies for both versions..
but they may not be exactly the same running no. etc...

They are at :-
89 High Street,
Whitstable,
Kent,
CT5 1AY
tel: 01227 770777

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
East Kent Models are the major source of body parts being relatively close to Margate however they have advised me that the stocks that they do have were produced in the Margate factory with little if any spare body parts now coming in from China. If they cannot help they might know somebody who can however the price of a spare pug body if available may make you wonder if it is worth it relative to picking up a secondhand runner.

No website but ring 01227 770777.

Happy modelling
Gary

PS great minds think alike!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (DS239 @ 22 Oct 2006, 12:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Which version of the Pug is it?,-is it the ex-Dapol Aspinall L&Y loco,or the 'Caledonian' type with the metal footplate that fits on the standard 040T chassis?
[I put the R. number into Hornby's product search but nothing came up]

Either way,-get in contact with East Kent Models,-they have bodies for both versions..
but they may not be exactly the same running no. etc...

They are at :-
89 High Street,
Whitstable,
Kent,
CT5 1AY
tel: 01227 770777

Thanks! Its the Ex-Dapol Ex-L&Y Loco. Do East kent models have a website?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Right,just looked on Hattons website,-your loco is the L&Y type Pug in weathered BR late crest livery,no. 51235.

East Kent Models haven't got an exact match,but they do have bodies for these locos in stock at £12.50 each:

They have LMS black,and BR early crest black [choice of running no.s],all in pristine finish.

These are from China production from about 3 years ago.

Shop hours are 9:30 am to 5:30 pm,Monday to Saturday,worldwide mail order service.

Phone 01227 770777,
Fax 01227 272787.

Or see them at Warley....

·
Registered
94 Posts
QUOTE (DS239 @ 22 Oct 2006, 13:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Right,just looked on Hattons website,-your loco is the L&Y type Pug in weathered BR late crest livery,no. 51235.

East Kent Models haven't got an exact match,but they do have bodies for these locos in stock at £12.50 each:

They have LMS black,and BR early crest black [choice of running no.s],all in pristine finish.

These are from China production from about 3 years ago.

Shop hours are 9:30 am to 5:30 pm,Monday to Saturday,worldwide mail order service.

Phone 01227 770777,
Fax 01227 272787.

Or see them at Warley....

Ooo, LMS Black..
Thanks a bunch!

EDIT: My dad doesnt like mail-order so I guess its on order online thing.. Unless i can order though e-mail..

·
Registered
213 Posts
QUOTE (Jeorge @ 22 Oct 2006, 14:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ooo, LMS Black..
Thanks a bunch!

EDIT: My dad doesnt like mail-order so I guess its on order online thing.. Unless i can order though e-mail..

East Kent Models are not on the internet,so no online ordering or emails,you'll have to 'phone or fax them,or write to them,they charge £2.50 post and packing,or,if you're going to the Warley show,purchase one from their trade stand..

Surely an online order is a mail-order,isn't it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts