Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am gettin together my locos for the layout and have picked up this one ........

http://nick--orwin.photoblog.me.uk/p49100144.html

My question is what class is this Lima non runner, i presume it has burnt out only being capable of handling 9V a common fault with them, although i plan to remotor it.
Suggestions have been possibly it is a class 14 ?

I would like to get this loco running again and know its identity, any help would be gratefully recieved

upnick.

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Hi upnick,

Not sure but it looks as though it might be one of these.

Train Wheel Cloud Vehicle Rolling stock

If so it is a DL7 BR class 14 "Teddy Bear" 0-6-0 DH
55 of these locomotives were built and they had a short life under British Railways although several went on to work in industry. Several of the class are preserved.

Attachments

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
It sure as hell ain't a class 14, the nearest thing that BR ever had was the class 17, this however appears to be a DB 212 in fictitous BR livery.

If memory serves it was part of the shortlived Lima British HO range, I believe it was also available in Rail blue.

Regards

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 20 Mar 2008, 12:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It sure as hell ain't a class 14, the nearest thing that BR ever had was the class 17, this however appears to be a DB 212 in fictitous BR livery.

If memory serves it was part of the shortlived Lima British HO range, I believe it was also available in Rail blue.

Regards

BRITHO,

Thank you for the info ......... indeed the pictures on a google search bear out the loco is indeed a DB 212 ......... although it is "N" gauge as opposed to HO as you thought.

upnick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts