Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 24 May 2006, 00:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That might be a good idea. I had read somewhere recently that people were going back to set track due to the problems with flexitrack. I reckon flexitrack is fine for large curves but I am starting to wonder about tighter ones. I have revisited my track on my layout as it was originally laid many years ago and have already relaid half of it due to problems with derailing and overambitious slopes.
I always understood flexitrack to be the equivalent of a 4th radius curve and that was as tigh as it could be made. The main problem area I have with derailing is the curved setrack points from hornby which are all well and good until you try to run a loco with them as facing points onto the inner track as they tend to sne half up the outer track as well. Replaced them with a peco setrack one which has more or less cured it but not the stalling of smaller loco's. Electrofrogs appear the only solution to that porblem.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.