Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I've come back into the fold after a 30 year gap and what a difference. I'm not sure if it's that when I was in my early teens I just wanted to watch trains go around and make my pocket money go as far as possible or that the quality of everything (OO) has improved dramatically.

I'm in the process of clearing out the loft at the moment which I have to say isn't particularly pleasant, but I am finding some long forgotten things that I thought had been thrown out - and probably should have been.

I have already posted a question and received the help I was looking for.

I'll certainly keep coming back to the forum and who knows. One day I may be helping out others.

All the best.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hiya Digger

I also had a long 30 year gap and am back playing with 00 guage for the last six years or so after I had a daughter (who also loves model trains and at 7 years can operate the layout albeit a homeless layout (my poor locos are living in boxes and I have a workshop in a set of workshop drawers))I am also clearing my loft and unfortunately it's my trains are the loosers. What sadness.

However, I still play with the trains just by collecting locos and fixing them Bachmann locos are my latest. Check out e bay for some great offers and fun bidding (but keep to a budget ......)

I will be posting images of the growing collection and repairs, various projects soon.

Have fun with the loft and get playin'

Onwards

Basil

QUOTE (digger1962 @ 30 Mar 2008, 21:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi everyone.

I've come back into the fold after a 30 year gap and what a difference. I'm not sure if it's that when I was in my early teens I just wanted to watch trains go around and make my pocket money go as far as possible or that the quality of everything (OO) has improved dramatically.

I'm in the process of clearing out the loft at the moment which I have to say isn't particularly pleasant, but I am finding some long forgotten things that I thought had been thrown out - and probably should have been.

I have already posted a question and received the help I was looking for.

I'll certainly keep coming back to the forum and who knows. One day I may be helping out others.

All the best.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts