Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I have a Lok programmer and when I want to alter cv's its reading the info on the decoder but saying no decoder in the bottom left hand corner ,but its sill changing cvs also some times I get an error message can't write cv's .I read some where the lead to the computer could be faulty ,any ideas thanks, Jim .

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hello Jim,
Sorry you haven’t had any other responses - I’m not a very experienced user of this amazing machine.
However I have borrowed one from a good friend on a couple of occasions and my friend is always at great pains to make sure I take care of the computer cable and never bend it.
So that may be your problem.
I can’t suggest anything else though, sorry.
Good luck,
John

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
34c Hi I hope you had a great Christmas If you register any ESU product there is an English Forum which you can glean great info Hope this Helps. I did find an interesting situation when Decoders do
not appear to work my friend told me that they loose Data as they are a mini computers and you get error messages on the programmer the solution was to put them on the Decoder tester and providing no faults on there occurred run them on the tester for 30 minutes and then retry the programmer again. It worked for me on several decoders I had for some time in boxes New.Babs

·
In depth idiot
8,206 Posts
34c Hi I hope you had a great Christmas If you register any ESU product there is an English Forum which you can glean great info...
Most kind, and we did, and hopefully you too?

It's not me with the ESU lokprogrammer but 'Kingjim': I am a hard line member of the Lenzist party. :D

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Hi, I have a Lok programmer and when I want to alter cv's its reading the info on the decoder but saying no decoder in the bottom left hand corner ,but its sill changing cvs also some times I get an error message can't write cv's .I read some where the lead to the computer could be faulty ,any ideas thanks, Jim .
It's been a while since I used mine, but based on your comments I'd say the problem is with your loco or decoder or as you suggest the connection.

From memory, you update the changes in the Lok progammer software, then flash update the decoder. Your errors:
  • No decoder
  • unable to update CVs
suggest that you are updating the software, but it in turn can't update the decoder.

Lok programmer will allow you to save your decoder settings as a 'project' - so theoretically you can update many decoders with the same project-file settings, or recover settings on the decoder that get lost somehow. Maybe the project just needs to be saved first?
Hopefully you got the answer from the ESU forum in the meantime.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts