Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered some Tillig track from Lokshop, but their website doesn't tell me how much the postage will be
, does anyone have an idea of how much the carriage to the UK will be. I've read elsewhere on this forum that they charge around 30 Euros is this correct

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Lokshop charge me 10 to 14 euros per order. There is a fixed rate for Western Europe, an aditional charge based on the order itself and a 4% export handeling fee. Still works out cheaper than any local shop.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (squeaky @ 17 Oct 2006, 22:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've ordered some Tillig track from Lokshop, but their website doesn't tell me how much the postage will be
, does anyone have an idea of how much the carriage to the UK will be. I've read elsewhere on this forum that they charge around 30 Euros is this correct

I actually contacted Lokshop recently to ask a similar question about prices after tax deduction for shipping outside the EU as the information on the website is complex and hard to follow. Basically it says take off 16% then add 3% and add another 4% then take 1% or something to that effect. All I wanted was a definite price as I already deal with a couple of shops in Germany and wanted to compare prices as theirs seemed lower. They didn't answer my question and referred me back to website with some arrogant twaddle. So if thats their customer service before I have even bought anything then they can get stuffed.

I have found this shop particularly good. They are helpful and will answer your enquiries.

Modellbahn Kramm

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 17 Oct 2006, 23:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I actually contacted Lokshop recently to ask a similar question about prices after tax deduction for shipping outside the EU as the information on the website is complex and hard to follow. Basically it says take off 16% then add 3% and add another 4% then take 1% or something to that effect. All I wanted was a definite price as I already deal with a couple of shops in Germany and wanted to compare prices as theirs seemed lower. They didn't answer my question and referred me back to website with some arrogant twaddle. So if thats their customer service before I have even bought anything then they can get stuffed.

We have come across this situation before - ***shop are probably just "box-shifters" with no time for customer service.

We have checked their prices when customers have said "your price is X, but I can get it for Y at ***shop". Yes, the basic price is very competative, but when you add the shipping, the insurance (compulsory) & then the % for using your CC it does not look as good !

When comparing prices, customers often overlook the total price of getting the item !

best regards
Brian

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 18 Oct 2006, 17:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We have come across this situation before - ***shop are probably just "box-shifters" with no time for customer service.

We have checked their prices when customers have said "your price is X, but I can get it for Y at ***shop". Yes, the basic price is very competative, but when you add the shipping, the insurance (compulsory) & then the % for using your CC it does not look as good !

When comparing prices, customers often overlook the total price of getting the item !

best regards
Brian

Yes, it makes a big difference when you have a shop you can establish a relationship with. I have dealt with Modelbahn Kramm for a few years and they will order in stock they normally don't hold and do other things bulk sellers normally wouldn't bother with.

Heres the postage info pages from Modelbahn Kramm and Modelbahnecke to help with the original question on this thread.

Modellbahn Kramm postage costs

Modelbahnecke Postage costs

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hm, about the only thing I like about Lokshop is that they have posted, apparently with permission, full scans of several manufacturers' catalogs, such as Faller, Vollmer and Piko.

Beyond that, Kramm would have to be my choice as well. Even their site looks more competently designed and welcoming.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Agamemnon @ 18 Oct 2006, 20:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hm, about the only thing I like about Lokshop is that they have posted, apparently with permission, full scans of several manufacturers' catalogs, such as Faller, Vollmer and Piko.

Beyond that, Kramm would have to be my choice as well. Even their site looks more competently designed and welcoming.
Agreed,

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I cancelled my order with Lokshop as I was unsure of how much postage I was going to be charged.

Since then they have updated thier website with postage rates for each country, so I have ordered from them.

I have now had confirmation that my order has been sent.

I have been charged about 18 euros for delivery, insurance and the 4% export handling which works out about £12.
Overall I have saved £23 on another model shops prices

·
Registered
12 Posts
QUOTE (squeaky @ 30 Oct 2006, 13:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I cancelled my order with Lokshop as I was unsure of how much postage I was going to be charged.

Since then they have updated thier website with postage rates for each country, so I have ordered from them.

I have now had confirmation that my order has been sent.

I have been charged about 18 euros for delivery, insurance and the 4% export handling which works out about £12.
Overall I have saved £23 on another model shops prices

I have used Lokshop several times and have nothing but praise for them. I once visited the shop in person (Tram ride from Karlsruhe Hbf) and found the owner to be very friendly and helpful, and of course speaking excellent English. Generally I find his prices to be very competitive and service prompt. I have also had good service from Modellbahn Kramm.

Cheers,

Peter.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well I have received my order from Lokshop today.

It was posted on Monday, excellent service and great prices. I can recommended them to anyone needing Tillig trackwork

All I need now is spare time to lay the track, anyone got any I could have

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
>anyone got any I could have
You can have my hours from this evening; I've run out of track again.

David

·
DT
4,794 Posts
I've also just placed another order with them for track. I see that they have some English info on shipping in their Terms of Business. If you pay using a bank transfer, they give you a 3% bonus. Basically what they are charged for credit card transactions.

It also helps to keep orders below 100 Euros. They seem to add a surplus perhaps to cover insurance for more expensive orders

Lokshop are better in price than most, but damn, those Tillig points are dear. I'm using my Peco points for anything that is out of direct view. When I win the lottery I'll replace them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I bought the Tillig point kits which cost about £5.50 each and they are quite easy to put together. The made up ones in medium are about £9.70 which isn't too much more that Peco, but if you are buying alot then it would make quite a difference

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 1 Nov 2006, 20:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you pay using a bank transfer, they give you a 3% bonus. Basically what they are charged for credit card transactions.

Unless you know something I don't bank transfers from the UK to Germany cost in the region of £20 a time - making this a non-viable option.

best regards
Brian

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE Lokshop are better in price than most, I found there attitude to their customers attrocious though. Modellbahn Kramm are about the same price and will answer your questions promptly. Something Lokshop wouldn't do.

QUOTE If you pay using a bank transfer, they give you a 3% bonus. Basically what they are charged for credit card transactions.

Unless you know something I don't bank transfers from the UK to Germany cost in the region of £20 a time - making this a non-viable option.
A lot of farting around when with other stores they will just tell you the true price up front.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Yep I agree, it seems that they like over complicating things. I've never shopped at Modellbahn Kramm though as They don't have Tillig track on their site.

squeaky, I've bought a couple of the Tillig kits to try out. Their system is so simple that assembly shouldn't take too long. The added bonus is that you can use the points kit straight point (turnout r=886mm), as a Y-point (r=1739mm) or as a curved point (outer r=866mm, inner r=425mm).

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE Yep I agree, it seems that they like over complicating things. I've never shopped at Modellbahn Kramm though as They don't have Tillig track on their site.I might ask Modelbahn Kramm if they can get Tillig as I was quite impressed by the thread you did on their track. I will be in the market for a lot of new track soon and it seems well worth considering.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts