Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts
I've also just placed another order with them for track. I see that they have some English info on shipping in their Terms of Business. If you pay using a bank transfer, they give you a 3% bonus. Basically what they are charged for credit card transactions.

It also helps to keep orders below 100 Euros. They seem to add a surplus perhaps to cover insurance for more expensive orders

Lokshop are better in price than most, but damn, those Tillig points are dear. I'm using my Peco points for anything that is out of direct view. When I win the lottery I'll replace them.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Yep I agree, it seems that they like over complicating things. I've never shopped at Modellbahn Kramm though as They don't have Tillig track on their site.

squeaky, I've bought a couple of the Tillig kits to try out. Their system is so simple that assembly shouldn't take too long. The added bonus is that you can use the points kit straight point (turnout r=886mm), as a Y-point (r=1739mm) or as a curved point (outer r=866mm, inner r=425mm).

·
DT
4,794 Posts
If they can supply and deliver even cheaper than Lokshop, then I'm keen too as I'm now putting my money where my mouth is and converting the layout to Tillig HO-Elite Code 83. I'll keep most of my Peco Code 100 and use it for hidden sidings and tunnels.

I'm doing this in stages due to the overall cost, but I'm almost ready to start laying the mainline and setting it down permanently.

I'm looking forward to running HOe together with HO/OO and having it all controlled with DCC.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
An order that I placed with Lokshop has just been shipped.

For a 3KG order of 121,15 euros, they charge me 8,87 euros for basic shipping to France, 3,48 for the weight (1,16 per KG) and 5,36 for the 4% export handling charge. Total extras is 17,71 euros (£11.92). A little bit more than usual, but it does contain some heavy ballast and long track.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.