Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 17 Oct 2006, 23:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I actually contacted Lokshop recently to ask a similar question about prices after tax deduction for shipping outside the EU as the information on the website is complex and hard to follow. Basically it says take off 16% then add 3% and add another 4% then take 1% or something to that effect. All I wanted was a definite price as I already deal with a couple of shops in Germany and wanted to compare prices as theirs seemed lower. They didn't answer my question and referred me back to website with some arrogant twaddle. So if thats their customer service before I have even bought anything then they can get stuffed.

We have come across this situation before - ***shop are probably just "box-shifters" with no time for customer service.

We have checked their prices when customers have said "your price is X, but I can get it for Y at ***shop". Yes, the basic price is very competative, but when you add the shipping, the insurance (compulsory) & then the % for using your CC it does not look as good !

When comparing prices, customers often overlook the total price of getting the item !

best regards
Brian

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 1 Nov 2006, 20:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you pay using a bank transfer, they give you a 3% bonus. Basically what they are charged for credit card transactions.

Unless you know something I don't bank transfers from the UK to Germany cost in the region of £20 a time - making this a non-viable option.

best regards
Brian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.