Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a N-scale BR class 11, NS 600 or DSB ML6 (all the same train, different countries) I am not even sure if this train has ever been produced, but if it does exist I would love to know who produced it etc.etc..
Off course, if you have one for sale, I am interested in buying.

In the link you can find a picture of the former NS 679, currently in use by RRF
http://www.rolandrail.net/nieuws/08/fp_02182.htm

·
Registered
34 Posts
Though there will be a slight scale discrepancy (1:148 rather than 1:160), the new Farish 08 will be very close to what you're looking for. At the moment only the late production versions have been made, but earlier ones will be produced, probably in 2009. These will have the old wooden cab doors and visible strap hinges on the nose doors. This new generation model is a great advance over the old Farish '08' from 1979, having the correct outside frames and narrow bonnet so characteristic of the English Electric design.
There is also a 2mm scale kit available, slightly closer to the desired scale (1:152), but obviously it will take quite a a bit of building.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info,
I'd love to try for the 2 mm kit (I allways love a challenge
) but I think It's to much work for me right now, So I'll try to get the farish 08 and then paint it to resemble the RRF from my earlier link

1 - 3 of 3 Posts