Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably posted in the wrong section !

I am trying to assemble a rake of HO CIWL/Wagon Lits coaches to run as a tribute for my late mother (she always liked "posh trains" as she called them). So far I have a number (9) of excellent Rivarossi models but in different liveries ;

3 - very dark brown/blue (depending on the light) & cream with white roof's.
2 - dark brown & cream with white roof's.
4 - dark blue & cream with grey roof's.

Has anyone got (or know of any) going spare/sell/trade (nothing on eBay at the moment - although I did turn up these 220139815662 - but they won't fit !). I just want to assemble a rake "in the spirit" - be nice to be accurate though.

Thanks in advance.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 13 Aug 2007, 12:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>(nothing on eBay at the moment - although I did turn up these 220139815662 - but they won't fit !). I just want to assemble a rake "in the spirit" - be nice to be accurate though..

You could alwys put one on the hardstand one on the pavement and one on the road - although I think that would really p off the neighbours.

Regards

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 13 Aug 2007, 13:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You could alwys put one on the hardstand one on the pavement and one on the road - although I think that would really p off the neighbours.

Regards

Especially a certain gentleman with a sporty Toyota ! & to think they've just got used to no Fire Engine as well.

Seriously though, if the lottery comes up next weekend I'd buy them (at least I'll have somewhere to sleep after I get thrown out).

Hopefully, they will get put to good use.

·
is asleep
758 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 13 Aug 2007, 12:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nothing on eBay at the moment - although I did turn up these 220139815662 - but they won't fit !
Given the stupid questions I always get asked when I list anything on eBay, I'm thinking of using 'ask the seller' to ask, "are they N gauge because I can't tell without seeing the couplings?", and "although the original boxes are not in the picture or description, are they in fact included?" (Both of which I have been asked, word for word in the past...
)

Sorry my post isn't helpful, but this is the station concourse!

Goedel

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Would this be of any use:

It goes with this lovely old loco:

Actually, these are the ones I was talking about. They are good condition Lima models. Used a little (some muck on wheels) with no damage. Quite short though (21.5cm body). Quite basic, but they look quite good all together. 3 1st Class coaches and 2 Restaurant cars.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 16 Aug 2007, 22:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Would this be of any use:

It goes with this lovely old loco:

Fascinating models Doug - what make are they?

Regards

1 - 11 of 11 Posts